The last weeks were a very busy weeks.
I worked totally on the project of Ca’n Santacília, the renovation/restoration of a noble building protected as heritage because of it special architectural merit. I have to tell you that this project is very interesting and challenging for me for different reasons:
– the location in the very city centre of Palma, and therefore the possibility to deal with the relationship between the building and its important context;
– the current state of the building, we have to respect while transforming the functions of a few spaces;
– the specific conditions and the comforts of the new apartments requested by the client, to be combined with the use of traditional materials, architectural finishes and compositional typology of the current building.
Thank to this project, I have got familiar with all the necessary programs used for drawing and modelling an architectural project and I have had the possibility to exchange and learn new architectural ideas and method to represent them.
During the different meetings about this project I have had with my colleagues, my project manager and the
host entrepreneur, they explained me:
– the strategy for time management of all the phases of the project;
– how to organize the office and the better working method;
– which are the specific goals to achieve, and how to make decisions in this sense;
– how to communicate with the client in order to explain the changes the project could have in its conception and development phases.
One last thing. It was a privilege for me to have visited two weeks ago the building site of another similar project, that is a noble and abandoned palace the studio is transforming into a luxury hotel. This visit was very important for my future business, since I wish it would be addressed to wellness interior design.
Looking forward the next weeks, to go on with this project, to welcome and face the new challenges.
Greetings from the island