From 08.01.2018 to 22.01.2018
This is the final report of my 5 months exchange in Palma de Mallorca at the architectural firm OHLAB.
During the weeks spent here, my host entrepreneur and the whole team of the studio had been giving to me a lot of new information about:
- rules, objectives and conditions of an architectural project;
- new design ideas and the capacity to create something innovative in every project;
- greater familiarity with interior design, with wellness or commercial spaces and in general with specialized projects strongly personalized on the client;
- awareness of the other competitors, the economic risk of the company, the kind of market demand and the most efficient way to promote a project;
- good capacity of problem solving in order to work faster and avoid mistakes due to inexperience;
- improvement of technological skills and the knowledge of all the specific aspects of construction.
Moreover this exchange was an amazing experience because I become more fluency in speaking different languages (Spanish mostly), in particular learning the terms we use in the architectural area. Furthermore, like any work experience lived in a different city from the one you normally live in, these months had given me more ripeness and awareness both in architecture and in daily life, representing a sort of full immersion in my future work.
I have understood a lot about myself and about my working plans … now I don’t exclude to collaborate in future with the architects I met and to postpone the beginning of my own business.
One last important thing.
I highly recommend to all those who are about to start a business to do this kind of experience.
Greetings from Mallorca